Windows 10-12 The twelve apostles beneath the articles of the creed: note the Prince of Wales feathers in the small lights.
2. St Andrew with cross.
3. St James with scallop and pilgrim shoes.
4. St John exorcising the poisoned chalice.
2. St James the Less with club.
3. St Philip with cross.
4. St Bartholomew with knife and book.
2. St Simon with saw and book.
3. St Judas Thaddeus with cakes.
4. St Matthias with halberd and clasped book.
Note - the lights were restored about 1861.
2. Gregory the Great (c.540-604) As Pope he sent St Augustine to Kent in 597.
3. St Ambrose (339-397) Bishop of Milan
4. St Augustine (354-430) Bishop of Hippo, he holds his heart as a symbol of his devotion.
Note - in a small light above - St Apollonia, patron saint of dentists, with forceps holding a tooth).
Light 3 St Ambrose
© 2013 Fairford History Society