Fairford Town Council: https://www.fairfordtowncouncil.gov.uk
Council and community information:
St Mary the Virgin Church, Fairford: http://www.stmaryschurchfairford.org.uk/
There has been a Church on this site for 1,000 years, the present one dating from about 1497. The Church, as well as being the largest place of worship in the town, is chiefly known for its stained glass windows.
Fairford Community Voice: http://www.fairfordcv.org.uk/
Formed in 2016 bringing together Fairford Preservation Trust, Fairford Planning Watch and the Fairford Environmental Society to raise and monitor local issues that concern Fairford residents.
Fairford Community Centre: http://www.fairfordcommunitycentre.org/
A meeting venue for the town, housing the FHS archive and is the former home of Farmor’s School
Palmer Hall: http://www.thepalmerhall.org/
A meeting venue for the town, with a stage. Palmer Hall was designed by Dowglass & Pyle of Cirencester and built by Yells Bros of Fairford. The land was given to the people of Fairford by Arkells Brewery. The owner, Colonel A J Palmer, DSO, TD, DL, JP, gave the Hall to the town for the enrichment of the lives of the townsfolk.
Ernest Cook Trust: http://ernestcooktrust.org.uk/
A leading education charity based in Fairford which helps children learn from the land through outdoor learning on its country estates and by giving education grants.
Fairford website: http://www.fairford.org.uk/
Current information on local organisations, news and events.
Fairford Festival: http://www.fairfordfestival.org.uk
Other useful links
Lechlade History Society: http://www.lechladehistory.co.uk
Gloucestershire Heritage Hub: https://heritage-hub.gloucestershire.gov.uk
Provides links to Gloucestershire Archives, Gloucestershire Family History Society, Gloucestershire Local History Association, Friends of Gloucestershire Archives, Diocese of Gloucester, Archives for South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire Police Archives
Bristol and Gloucestershire Archaeological Survey: https://www.bgas.org.uk/
Established 1876 – promoting the study of the history and archaeology of Bristol & Gloucestershire and encouraging the conservation of the historic environment.