September 20th 2007: Farmor’s School – in transition

Hugh Dudley, deputy head teacher at Farmor’s School gave an interesting insight as to how Farmor’s made the change from a school of a few hundred when it moved to the Park site in 1961, to a comprehensive school in 1966 and in 2007 has 1094 pupils. It also gave an insight to the great changes in education that were happening when some of the audience were at school and was also an exercise in nostalgia for ex teachers and former pupils present.

Mr Dudley gave the Society a metal box with Farmor’s Endowed School printed on the side which was used as safe storage for registers and also the school cane!